Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Loneliness is Such A Drag. Rain

Thanks Jimi, truer words were never spoken. There is something so alienating about the endless sunny weather of San Diego, especially when you don't have someone to appreciate it with you. And if you have a relationship, even if the relationship is bad somehow grilling at the pool after a dip or lounging at the beach, alleviates the pain of it. The downside is that you end up stuck in bad relationships much longer than you should be, because well, the sunny day is calling! It's too much damn work to fight when you can sun yourself! Oh, woe is me! I can't sun myself.

But I'm happy now, because rain is in the forecast. Oh the lovely rain, expressing all our tender souls' sorrows so well in a few drops. Please, oh please, let it rain I say.

All these tall slender palm trees need a bath, and I need a break from the perfection. I need to feel a little miserable right now, a little lonely. It's healthy to feel the pangs of your heart... to be reminded it is there, if nothing else.

San Diegians need rain very badly.

1 comment:

Girl in the Sun said...

I'm commenting on my own post. So I tried to ask barista-guy on a date last night... I ordered coffee, got totally embarrassed and walked out without paying. Sigh. A few minutes later when I returned he wouldn't take my money... Is that a sign?