Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Coffee and Creatives

I've been enjoying evening coffee with a new friend of mine at a local coffee shop named Cream located on Park Ave. in North Park. Cream is owned by a nice guy who also happens to be a UCSD Visual Arts graduate student. Located around the corner from Cream (in the same building) is a little fashion boutique called Neighborhood, which the owner of Cream also co-owns and runs when he is not busy working on his MFA. Both places are worth a visit. On any given night you can see a plethora of creatives doing their thing. People tote in their laptops and set up shop... graphic designers to sound artists. I've also met local poets and intellectuals milling about the place contemplating life these days, and I can't not mention all the teachers writing lessen plans. This is a place that makes me feel a little more at home in San Diego. It also actually reminds me of the Broadway Cafe and Roastery in the East Village of Westport in Kansas City Missouri, my old haunt.

Nice places to read books.

Check it out:
Neighbourhood Boutique

No comments: