Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Big Attitude in San Diego

My mom came to visit me this weekend, and we spent some time being decadent---she deserves it more than anyone I know---but with decadence comes attitude. So here's some typical San Diego attitude for you:

San Diego takes running seriously, and Road Runner in SD takes running shoes very seriously. So seriously that when I asked if there were other colors the guy asked me if I was walking the runway or running?! Um... I'm running. After watching me run in a pair of shoes I liked Mr. Salesman concluded he couldn't sell me running shoes that simply weren't stable enough for me. So I sucked up my hatred for white tennis shoes and I bought the ugliest pair of super fabulous white running shoes, and now at least my knees won't hurt. Smart is stylish. Big attitude in this instance is helpful.

I went to UC Benetton in La Jolla. No one hesitated for a second to tell me what I looked horrible in. When I inquired about whitish scuffy marks on my soon to be new waxed denim pants the fabulous salesman said, "Get use to it, they are waxed!" Okay. Damn. You tell me. This store has a reputation for attitude, but somehow it works for me...if it looks ugly just tell me. Besides their clothes fit my gangly body like no other.

The positive attitude award goes to Soltan Banoo a local eclectic Persian restaurant in University Heights. I love this place. I go all the time. I've been going there for years, and I can't say enough good things. The staff are friendly and helpful, esp. Noah, and the food it great. It's the kind of place I can't imagine living without and it is one place in San Diego that makes me feel at home. If you like hummus, this is the spot.

Finally, the amazing Spa Velia. It is decadence. I've had a lot of massages, but none as fabulous as my massage from Buck at Spa Velia. This guy knows what he's doing. Buck---if that is your name---I'm in love with you...probably along with every other client you have. It's a good thing you are working under a assumed name because people would be knocking your door down if they knew how to find you. All I have to say is use your power for GOOD, NOT EVIL and with those skills (at creating a deep and profound sense of peaceful well-being) you can have a big'ole attitude, but I bet you don't.

1 comment:

Buckshotg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.